- Job reference
- Darlington, Durham, United Kingdom
- Start date
- To be arranged
- Administration & underwriting jobs / Compliance jobs / IFA jobs / Investment jobs / Legal Service Jobs / Protection jobs / Retirement jobs
- Contract type(s)
- Full time
- £To be agreed
- Date posted
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced paraplanner join our office at Lingfield Point, Darlington. The ideal candidate would have 3 years experience in financial services and will have their Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, although if you’re close to completing it, then feel free to get in touch too! A positive attitude and being unafraid of hard work are the other two essential qualities for a career at Para-Sols!
- Location: Darlington
- Department: Paraplanning
- Salary: dependent on qualifications and experience
- Basis: Permanent
- Deadline: Until we find the right candidate
About the Role
We are looking for someone with paraplanning experience, although we appreciate that what is considered paraplanning at one firm is different to paraplanning at another firm! Therefore we are flexible on your particular experience, as long as you can demonstrate diligence, care for the end client, and a genuine desire to learn and develop. You will initially join a hub of existing paraplanners, working with a dedicated bank of clients, and will have the ability to develop through skill levels and paraplanning complexity.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Analysing a case received from our advisers, reviewing the notes and documentation and ensuring we have everything we need to work on this project.
- Undertake all necessary research and analysis, and discuss findings with adviser.
- Creating suitability reports that are beautiful to look at – and compliant!
- Compiling all supporting documentation to go with the reports.
- Undertaking cashflow forecasting and scenario planning.
- Helping train other paraplanners in your hub.
- Managing and training your dedicated technical researchers and administrators.
- Building relationships with financial advisers via telephone and through our unique management system, Rise.
- Managing your own workload by keeping track of cases assigned & any meeting dates provided by Financial Advisers.
- Dealing with any incoming calls to the office as and when necessary.
Para-Sols is an outsourced Paraplanning company which carry out research, analysis and report writing on behalf of a large number of Financial Advisers. We are a young and fun team who are part of a modern and ambitious company. The company is constantly growing and we want to find a motivated person who will fit in with our thriving business and embrace our passion for change and driving the business forward!
We approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook, and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our staff feel welcome. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to those, but as standard these include…
- 26 days holiday (including days off at Christmas) PLUS bank holidays AND your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday)
- Competitive personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
- Death in Service cover
- Personal learning and development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Openplan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, our own pub, breakout lounge and breakfast club
- Casual dress code
- Health & Wellbeing programme, including hoodie, drinks bottle and fitness tracker
- Unlimited snacks and refreshments
- 2 official annual company parties, plus adhoc team nights out.
- Office dogs – we’re not a place for people scared of dogs!
- Did we mention we have our own pub? IN the office?!
Personality requirements and skills
At least three years in financial services, although not all of that needs to be in paraplanning. We’re looking for someone who can prove how they have developed so far, and who has a genuine passion for paraplanning, and increasing their own skills and knowledge. We’re bursting with help, support and training, to help you achieve your own goals and ambitions. In addition, there are a number of key skills that we look for in our perfect candidate and they are…
- Be at, or close to, level 4 in your financial planning qualifications and be willing to work to level 6 and beyond.
- Have a complete understanding of the paraplanner role and how it fits in the modern financial planning office.
- Be used to using various research tools, cashflow software and back office systems.
- The ability to stay focused under pressure – we’re not joking when we say it gets busy!
- Be a good team player. Like REALLY good. We’re all about team here. In fact, one of our core values is Got Your Back.
- Microsoft Office skills – being a spreadsheet lover will go in your favour!
- Excellent telephone manner, and generally good at chatting to people and building relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail – this sounds like a standard point but really isn’t! It is essential in a paraplanning role and the ability to demonstrate this would certainly work in the candidates favour
- Good numeracy and written skills. If you don’t know the difference between their and they’re, there is no role here for you!
Above all we love someone with a positive attitude who likes a challenge and isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with the job!
How to Apply
Quite simply, get in touch. http://para-sols.co.uk/vacancies
A little insider tip for you… Applications and/or CV’s without cover letters get immediate red pen treatment. As wonderful and extensive as your CV may be, what we really want to know is why you’re ‘the one’ for us – so don’t be shy, cut to the chase and sell yourself like you’ve never sold yourself before – it will go in your favour! Lastly, you have permission to be as creative as you wish, so break the mould and make yourself stand out. That’s what makes us smile.