- Job reference
- Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Start date
- To be arranged
- Administration & underwriting jobs / IFA jobs / Investment jobs / Protection jobs / Retirement jobs
- Contract type(s)
- Full time
- Date posted
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position - Junior Paraplanner
Location - Leicester City
Salary - c£20-25k
Our client are an established and well-reputed IFA firm based in Leicester city centre. Having recently merged with one of the UK’s largest Chartered Independent Financial Advice businesses, our client is growing year on year, rapidly expanding its client bank and number of advisers. Our client provides advice in all areas, including more niche areas such as Defined Benefit transfers.
This is an opportunity for a responsible, self-motivated, well organised candidate to become a key part of a growing team.
- Broad knowledge of financial products including; both individual and group pensions, Investments and a clear grasp of protection products.
- Researching a broad range of financial products across all financial sectors
- Excellent report writing skills including correlating research into reports to present to the Adviser, Compliance and clients.
- Maintain regular contact with clients providing assistance where required
- Liaise with various providers, gathering and correlating plan / policy information and ensuring a smooth and timely business process
- Managing and maintaining a precise record of pipeline and submitted business in order to be able to update clients and Adviser accordingly
- General Administration duties
Pension, DIS, Hours Mon - Fri, 9 - 5.30
Personality requirements and skills
You will have the ability to build strong working relationships with both the IFA, and the rest of the team. Previous experience of working within a similar paraplanning/admin role within a financial services business is essential.
It is essential that you possess strong communication skills, have a high attention for detail, and have interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to work in a busy, fun and professional environment. You must be happy to work on your own and as part of a team and have excellent time management skills.
This is an exciting proposition to join a growing organisation who offers excellent opportunities to progress your career. Support for future qualifications will be keenly provided to enable the successful applicant to further their knowledge and ability in the role.