- Job reference
- Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom
- Start date
- To be arranged
- IFA jobs
- Contract type(s)
- Full time
- Date posted
Description, duties, responsibilities
Brief description of role and responsibilities:
To provide technical and research support to Financial Planners in the delivery of their advice to clients. This support includes completing research and analysis, preparing suitability letters and writing client reports. This list is not exhaustive and liable to change.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To provide support to the Financial Planners in the delivery of UNIQ Family Wealth’s 6 step process of Financial Planning process as laid down by the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB).
- Preparation of new and existing client Cashflows ready for Cashflow meetings and Annual Strategy meetings
- Receiving instructions from meeting notes/tasks from Financial Planners that have been delegated by the STM&P.
- Contacting third parties and providers to gather detailed information.
- Generating and accurately saving research undertaken in a structured and consistent format.
- Writing Suitability Letters that are accurate, personalised and match the client’s objectives.
- Provide all appropriate appendices, illustrations, applications and Key features documentation for Suitability Letters and Reports
- Supporting the Paraplanner with the annual ISA reporting to ensure all clients (where applicable) has utilised the annual ISA allowances.
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with regulatory and internal compliance procedures.
- Keep up to date with legislation and product changes by attending and maintaining continuous professional development.
- Ability to work efficiently under own initiative with impeccable attention to detail.
Assisting and covering the Professional Support Role when required
- Open, scan, and distribute the post each morning
- To meet and greet clients and guests as they arrive at the office in a friendly and professional manner as per the documented process. Provide tea and coffee.
- Prepare meeting rooms prior to clients or guests arriving.
- To be the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls.
- Make checks for Anti Money Laundering.
- Send Letters of Authority and Change of Service letters to Providers.
- Frank and post all outgoing correspondence each evening. Ensure put in post box.
Mortgage related work if appropriate to your role
- Proactively assisting with the mortgage process if appropriate, including New Business and liaising with clients, Providers/Lenders and solicitors to progress the mortgage application.
- Updating the mortgage expiry schedule spreadsheet with the mortgage expiry deal dates.
- Attend weekly team meetings & monthly Open Forum meetings for the Professional support team.
- Provide minutes of team meetings and post to N Drive.
Personality requirements and skills
Ideally you would have GCSEs Grades (A-C/1-3) in Mathematics and English and hold the Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent. The candidate must be prepared to towards obtaining the Certified Financial Plannertm qualification.
The candidate must also have good IT skills and excellent telephone manner.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) should be undertaken to develop skills and knowledge.