- Job reference
- Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Start date
- To be arranged
- IFA jobs / Investment jobs / Other jobs
- Contract type(s)
- Full time
- Date posted
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a Financial Consultant you will need experience of working within a regulated Financial Services environment, liaising with clients and working within agreed timescales to achieve targets. You should be able to offer a high level of client care and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
You should also be able to work individually and as part of a team to build strong relationships between all stakeholders.
- Contacting clients and booking meetings for in-depth reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, current provisions and future aims
- Analysing information and liaising with a Paraplanner to prepare recommendations best suited to individual clients' requirements
- Researching an approved panel of product providers and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services
- Designing financial strategies
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation
- Reviewing Financial Reports generated by a supporting Paraplanner
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments
- Developing a client bank and maximising opportunities ensuring profitable relationships are built
- Ensuring technical knowledge is maintained and that CPD records are filed in accordance with compliance rules and procedures
- Following a pre-defined review process for clients to ensure that service is delivered in line with the agreed fee / retainer / service level
- Ensuring that internal systems are used effectively and accurately and that client detail is recorded and kept up to date
- Office/Telephone based role – minimal face-to-face interaction with clients
Skills & experience
- Diploma Level 4 qualification or working towards.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Pension and Investment products is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Pensions and Pension Transfers
- Good working knowledge of CGT and Income Tax calculations
- Ability to work in a compliant manner within regulatory framework
- Strong track record of achieving targets and a desire to meet future targets
- Ability to maximise on leads provided by the business by converting large numbers into advocates in order to produce organic leads from existing clients
- Excellent telephone manner and good written communication skills essential
We look forward to reviewing you CV.